April 4, 2012

Our week on the Cruise!

We had a great time on our cruise last week! It was a relaxing week. We took a 5 night cruise with Carnival on the Triumph ship to Progreso and Cozumel.

The ship was beautiful! I didn't get any pictures of the inside but this was the top deck where the pool was. Most everyone spent their days up here and they had a "deck party" a couple of nights up here as well. The main breakfast and lunch places were behind me.


The first full day of the cruise, there was a formal night and I love when Kanyon wears a tie! He always looks so handsome dressed up. I was a little seasick at most times so I was lucky to get some make-up on!


One of Kanyon's favorite things is sour candy and there was a store on the ship full of options so of course we had to make a couple trips to it. (He'll probably really appreciate this picture :) )


Monday and Tuesday were spent at sea. Wednesday, the ship stopped at Progreso on the Yucatan Peninsula. Honestly, we weren't too excited about this stop since we've heard there's not much to do. So we decided to book massages for that day. It was definitely the best massage I've ever had. Kanyon thought so, too, though he's only had one other one on our honeymoon. After going back and taking showers, we headed down to the pier at Progreso and shopped a little but didn't get much farther than that.

The next day we docked at Cozumel. We didn't have any plans as far as excursions but decided to play it by ear. We ended up shopping a little bit and then taking a taxi to a stretch of beach. There was a lot of little private beach clubs that we got to go visit.

First thing we did was go rent some Waverunners! We had a lot of fun on them, though we ended up getting half our money back at the end because they kept dying. But we still loved it.



Around lunchtime, we decided to go have some chips and guacamole at Carlos and Charlie's, a famous chain in Mexico (they own Senor Frog's).








After spending a little more time on the beach, we headed back to the ship to eat some lunch and take a nap after all that time in the sun!


Of course, I had to get a shot of the water. It was so blue!


Here's a shot of our cruise ship, the Carnival Triumph.


I guess I didn't get any more pictures after Cozumel. Sometimes its hard to get many when its just the two of you since you have to always ask someone to take the picture!

The day after, Friday, was our last day on the cruise. We had had enough of the sun by that point and spent most of the day inside going to different activities on the cruise, like the Newlywed Game (always fun) and Bingo! We also spent a lot of time that week reading (really more me than Kanyon). Of course, I have to mention that the food was great! I think my favorite part was that I didn't have to cook it or clean up.

Saturday morning, we docked at Galveston really early and Mom picked us up about 8:00 am. We spent the rest of the day lounging around and going to go see the Hunger Games movie (which was good by the way but I recommend the book too!).

It was a great week away and I'm still not sure I'm ready to be back at work this week! We usually get Good Friday off, though, so I'm looking forward to that. Now just counting down till our next vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip!Makes me want a tropical vacation.

    ReplyDelete