December 22, 2011

Christmas in Welch

This last week has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. My best friend Kasha was in the hospital from last Thursday till this morning but all ended really great! I'll be talking about it more on my next post.

This post I wanted to tell all about the crazy weekend that we have every weekend before Christmas. Its a ton of fun and seeing family all in three days!

By Thursday night, all three of Kanyon's sisters and their families had arrived. We came over to Kanyon's parents that night after I got off work to eat dinner and see everyone. I had been so anxious to see all of our nieces and nephews!



Friday night, we went to Mama Brown's for our family Christmas with that side of the family. It was a great night! We got to see lots of family! We play Chinese Christmas (I think thats what its called) which is always interesting and Mama Brown made a very good BBQ dinner.

Saturday morning, we had our immediate family Christmas at Vaughn and Kalith's. Pumpkin bread, egg nog, and coffee. Yum. Its a crazy morning of ripping presents open!





That afternoon, the boys all had some fun with some tannerite. I didn't know what that was before last weekend so I'll assume some reading this doesn't either. It's basically legal explosives! They had so much fun finding things and blowing them up... one being Vaughn and Kalith's old tv.

Zeb was not happy about having to stay in the truck for his safety.




Saturday night, we headed over to Meme and Grandad's house and had our family Christmas there. Another fun night seeing lots of family! These are just the first cousins and their kids...


A few of the cousins didn't even make it that night either. 

It was a whirlwind, I can't even remember very many details from the weekend to tell you! 

One last thing - I wanted to show you the ornament that Kanyon made this weekend.


I think he did a great job with it!

We're in Houston as of last night and will be here until Tuesday. I'm so excited about it. We haven't been able to come visit for this long since before we were married!

No comments:

Post a Comment