February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Its been about two weeks since my last blog post. Since I assume only family and friends read this blog, most of you probably know why but if not - I was in Oklahoma all last week. My grandmother passed away on Monday at about 6:45 pm. About 30 minutes after Kanyon and I threw clothes in our bags and jumped in the car to try and make it to Oklahoma before that happened. But that's okay - I'm so happy that she is with God now.

I have lots of pictures and memories from last week to share - but not today. I'm still trying to catch up from missing almost a week of work and the exhaustion from last week hit me yesterday. It took me about an hour and a half to grocery shop last night. It should have taken me fifteen. I was a zombie walking down the aisles. 

We got home on Friday night. The next morning, I had scheduled before my grandmother died to run in a 5K with my friend Lauren. I still wanted to do it so Lauren drove from Midland on Friday night and we drove to Lubbock Saturday morning. The temperature was 19 degrees with a wind chill of 5 degrees. Crazy? Yes. We were. But we did it! I'm really glad we did.

Sunday, we had a few inches of snow coming down most of the day so we spent the day inside, me cleaning and Kanyon working on leather. He made a gorgeous belt for our friend Andrew using the hide we bought for the pillows he is making me :) He said he would get them done this week! So excited!

So about the quality of these pictures... Kanyon told me that he was taking them to Andrew that night so I had to take a picture right then. After dark. So I already knew I wasn't going to like not having natural light. And then it was in a rush. So I didn't know until after he'd taken the belt that the camera focused on the antlers instead of the belt. Awesome. But here ya go.



I love the white buckstitch!

So, an update on the laundry room.

I started on two Saturdays ago. Then we had to rush to Oklahoma. Then we got home and I was in Lubbock all Saturday and then it dawned on me that I was hosting a 31 Gifts party at my house on Thursday and the house needed cleaned. So. It hasn't been touched since two Saturdays ago and currently looks like this.


Two coats of cutting in done. Just waiting for the walls, which should go much quicker.

Where did all our laundry room stuff go, you ask?


In here. Can't wait to get this all in cabinets and organized!

Oh and also, Kanyon finally put up the window on the wall in the guest bedroom. Disregard the laundry sorting piles, will you? Actually it looks kind of puny in the picture. It has a much bigger presence in person.


Okay, thats all I got for you today but I do want to tell you Happy Valentine's Day! Kanyon has spoiled me so far and he says I have more gifts on the way ;) 

My friend Katy created some super cute print-outs for date nights and shared them on her blog today. Go check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Erika!! Thank you so much!! Love your blog, as usual...you are such a fun writer!

    ReplyDelete