October 19, 2012

Maternity Leave

Well, after having high blood pressure this week, my doctor has told me that if I want to keep her in there a little longer, I need to quit working. So I am officially on maternity leave.

All of her non-stress tests results have been great and her activity and sonograms have shown that she is doing great! After thinking about it all afternoon and night and talking it over with Kanyon, we have decided that I need to stay home like my doctor advised. I used to want her to come a little early but now that its getting closer, I want her to stay in there for as long as she needs and not have to come early because I can't sit still and keep my blood pressure down.

I had mixed emotions about it all until I talked to my boss about it and he agreed that he wanted me to do what the doctor says. I felt like maybe I could still work and have my co-workers run my errands for me but the more I think about it, the more I realize that it won't happen. Not because they wouldn't be willing to, but because I know how I am and will want to do things myself. Besides, all my high BP readings have been after I was sitting for 30 minutes or more so I know its going to take me actually resting more to get it down.

I also keep starting to make a to-do list of the things I still need to get done and am forcing myself to stay away from the notepad! This is going to be a new experience for me. But it will be worth it to keep her safe.

So since I will be home now, I'll finally be getting to post pictures of my baby showers and updates on the nursery! Those will be up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Feet up!! Trust me, this won't the last time you have to do something you don't want to do for her sake...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete