September 15, 2011

Where's my raincoat?

Well, hello! Had a good weekend?

Sorry about the silence on the blog.. got a few things to show you! But I guess I should break it up into a few posts. First, I'll show you what I finished a week ago:


I love it! It really brightens up that porch and the pillows match the blue on the door perfectly. Just don't look too close at them.. There's a couple of ripped seams from Zeb's baby days.. The color is called "Soft Mint" but next to the door, it looks like a baby blue. I'd really like to paint the porch where the orange is right now a cream to match the trim but Kanyon thinks it would make the very imperfect porch stand out even more. So what do you think? He wants to replace it altogether but that'll have to wait a while.

Thursday through Sunday, I was a single woman. Kanyon was in Stanton working our community's Men's Walk to Emmaus. It was an amazing weekend from all the stories I hear. Three men accepted Christ that weekend! One in particular, I had been praying for for months so I was ecstatic to find out!

Friday night was Homecoming at Dawson so the whole community (except several of the men working the Walk) came out for it. We didn't win the game but it was a great night!

Tac in his football uniform!

Check out this little player picking up chicks before he can even talk (he'd never met these girls):



Saturday, Vaughn and I headed to Lubbock early that morning because she had bought me a ticket to the Beth Moore event! She was in Lubbock and her simulcast reached 180,000 people that day! Even one women's prison!


Wow, it was amazing. Vaughn and I were a little sad that we were going to miss helping out down at the Walk but by the end of the day, I don't think either of us wished we had been somewhere else. It was so good. The worship itself was unbelievable. And of course, Beth did a great job. I'll never forget that day.

We even got a chance to have lunch with one of my Abilene Young Life girls! Chandler is a freshman at Texas Tech and I haven't gotten a chance before this to go see her. I miss YL!

That night, we headed down to the Walk to help with some stuff and see a bunch of our friends. It was a great night! Kasha and Tac came and spent the night with me for a sleepover since both our husbands were working the Walk! We made blueberry muffins the next morning and walked over to church. Grandad and I rode together down to the Walk's Closing and I finally got to see Kanyon for the first time since Thursday morning! He was a tired pup. Speaking of pup, Zeb was beyond ecstatic to see his best friend when Kanyon and I got home. Being cooped up in our backyard, even though it is huge, is not near as fun as working with Kanyon every day.



After checking water that night, we came home and watched the 9/11 shows on TV. We ended up watching the show following a particular fire house in NYC on that day ten years ago. It was heartbreaking to see how hard they worked and still felt defeated. And even worse to see how they all still suffer in different ways to this day. One of the guys said it was so hard to see just how evil evil can be.

It really upset me to find out that there are (unforeseen at the time) health repercussions from the air that all the rescue workers were breathing in down there. It is unthinkable that all those men and women could die from the lethal air conditions. Satan is ruthless. Please be praying for those men.

On a happy note, look at what we woke up to this morning:

 

 Thank you, Lord!! Unfortunately, I've learned to be skeptical because I've seen a few similar forecasts like this with not a drop of rain all day but it was raining when I woke up at 7:00 and was still raining when I left a little after 8:00!! PLEASE CONTINUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment