October 10, 2011

Look what I did.

I am not a crafty person. I would love to be one. But I don't think I have enough patience and I am not at all detail oriented. So I am really proud of myself today.

As you've probably forgotten since its been a while since I've done anything for it, I am re-decorating the guest bedroom. I really needed something for the window. It was such a small window, I needed it to look a lot bigger. So I searched Pinterest for window treatments and decided to do something I never thought I would have before - a valance.

These were the pins that convinced me.

Source
Source

Source
I saw this tutorial on In My Own Style blog for a box valance and I decided I would try it.

I had to modify some of the instructions because I wanted mine to be wider than her's, which meant I had to attach two pieces of foam together to create the face. But here it is in all its bad-iPhone-picture glory!


I'm very happy with how it turned out. It makes it look a lot bigger and you can't see it in the picture, but I added upholstery studs on the ends. I love it!

I've got some plans to finish up this room soon so hopefully I can be done!

2 comments: