November 22, 2011

Camille's Wedding

Last weekend, I got to return a favor:

Almost two years ago, Camille was my bridesmaid. And last week, I got to be her's!

And I cried. A lot.

I didn't realize I would, but this wedding was one of the sweetest I've ever been to, much less been a part of. Camille and Jacob were so excited to be finally married, the whole weekend was stress-free (at least for us) and all about excitement and so emotional.

The wedding was on Sunday, so on Saturday morning at 11:00 am, Camille's grandmother and aunts gave a Bridesmaid's Luncheon for the bridesmaids. It was at the Houston Country Club and was a beautiful formal affair. I'm really glad Mom talked me out of wearing jeans... (I was going to wear heals, though!) We headed over to the venue for a quick rehearsal that afternoon.

That night, Claire (another bridesmaid and best friend from high school) and I headed downtown to the Rehearsal Dinner. It was at Pappa's BBQ. The food was excellent!


Claire and I 

The toasts after dinner went on for a while because everyone wanted to make sure and tell Camille and Jacob how proud of them they were and how much they loved them. Many tears were shed. It was such a special night.

That night, all the bridesmaids and groomsmen and bridal party (about 20 of us or more!) went over to one of the groomsmen's houses and had a lot of fun hanging out. One really fun part of this wedding was how well all of us got along, even if we didn't know each other. We all had so much fun celebrating with Camille and Jacob and each other.

Then the big day finally came! We got up to The Gallery Sunday morning. Camille looked absolutely stunning.

Camille's Maids of Honors were her two sisters, older sister Carrie and younger sister Carly.



I was such a proud bridesmaid!


I don't have a picture of the venue but this is from online:


 We were so happy to see our friend James. He lives in California now and we don't see him as much.

The wedding was definitely a huge success. It was such a fun weekend. Camille and Jacob are in Mexico this week for their honeymoon and then will be back in Dallas.



No comments:

Post a Comment