September 20, 2010

Monday ...

Mondays at the church are pretty slow.. all the ministers have Mondays off so I usually have to figure out things to do.. thus.. I'm updating our blog.

If any of yall follow Ree Drummond's blog (Pioneer Woman), yall may have come across one of her "favorite things" post. I have a love/hate relationship with them.. I am always tempted to buy the things she posts about.

Well, there are a couple things that I want to share with you. This could get girly.

Number 1: Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in "Sparkling Nude"


I am pretty uncoordinated and inexperienced when it comes to eyeshadow. I never wore it in high school and never really learned how to apply it (kind of) until senior year of college.

BUT when I went to the Clinique counter to buy my wedding makeup about a year ago, the girl at the counter (with perfect makeup) showed me this life-saver.

It is liquid eyeshadow in a nude color with a little sparkle (hence the name, duh) and she showed me by applying it on her hand that if you put it on your eyelid first, it will make your eyeshadow .. 1) stay on all day, and 2) actually be the same color it is in the compact on your eye, if not better. My eyeshadow has never been the same since. I have even ventured out into using more than one color on my eyelid. Amazing! Seriously, I highly recommend this. Find it here.

Number 2: Thirty-Six Ten Jewelry on Etsy

(Amy, if you're reading this, I hope it's ok to be doing this!) I just stumbled onto my friend Amy's Etsy page. If you are unfamiliar with Etsy, it is a website where small business owners can sell some of their stuff. Most of it is handmade and unique. I was shocked by how beautiful everything was on Amy's page!

A couple of my favorites:
 

Here is a link to her page: ThirtySixTen


That's all I got right now. I hope this Monday is good for everyone!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment