Its Thursday and I can't wait for it to be Friday.
Tomorrow, we are going to the first Dawson HS football game of the season. Everyone in Welch is busy all through out the summer but we all will come back together for football of course! This will be the first game since 2001 that a Brown boy is not playing. Weird.
Then Saturday, Al, Kasha, Kanyon and I are all going to Lubbock to celebrate Al and Kanyon's birthdays and I'm pumped!
Sunday is already my favorite day of the week but this Sunday will be even better knowing I get to sleep in the next morning... oh to be in college again when I could just "accidentally" sleep through my morning classes and call it a day.
1. Does anyone else think that Zeb is in an awkward gangly teenager stage?
And why do dogs always have green eyes in pictures??
Is that why my other dog (that lives at my parent's) will run and hide when a camera is pointed at her? She can't stand the thought of someone seeing a picture of her like that?
She also won't eat in front of anyone. And she has developed hypochondria. Ok, she has issues. But I love her.
2. I just printed 234 pictures off Snapfish and they charged me $13 for shipping. Obviously, someone is pocketing about 80% of that because that is ridiculous.
3. Why did I print 234 pictures? Because I got to thinking the other day.. When our kids ask us later on what our house looked like when we moved in, what the first year of marriage was like, how ridiculous did we dress in 2010, etc ... I'm probably not going to go "Oh, just look at my Facebook. Its all on there."
So I am making a photo album. Does anyone even do that anymore?
4. Speaking of photo albums.. I made an Israel photo album from our trip 2 years ago. Finally!
5. Sometimes, like today, I'll randomly text Kanyon "Hey - I love you" (gag, I know) and he responds with "Ditto."
........... I don't know how I feel about that.
6. Kanyon is going to be 24 in less than two weeks and I will still be 22. I kind of look forward to those 4 months where I am dating/now married to a much older guy. 22 and 23 is not near as exciting. But 24? That's a real man.
7. All of Kanyon's siblings and his parents (and my parents for that matter!) will be in Houston this weekend for Micah's 1st birthday.. I am very sad we aren't going. We just couldn't swing it since we have something very taxing every weekend for the next 3 weeks. Why can't someone invent a teleportation machine? Or at least let Muggles apparate!
8. Kanyon's and my parents are in the San Juan Islands and yesterday they kayaked next to Orcas while Kanyon and I wait for electricity to come back to our house and wondered what we ever would do without satellite TV. That .. is .. sad.
9. Two good things that came from the storm: I made smores by candlelight in the kitchen. We got about 2/10s of an inch of MUCH needed rain on Kanyon's land!