June 29, 2011

It's about to get crazy.

I'm about to be getting a lot more comments about being gone so much lately but that's okay... Because we're going to get out of this heat for a few days!

My brother works at Dry Bones in Denver. I've talked about it before but in case you're not sure, its a homeless ministry in Denver, CO. Cole is their mountain intern again this summer. He takes youth groups up on the mountains for half the week while they are there on their mission trips. He loves it and has become quite the outdoorsman. In fact, he's decided that this is what he wants to do with his life - ministry through backpacking. Pretty cool.

Anyway, Cole gets the week of July 4th off and instead of him coming home like he did last year, we are going to him! I was telling Kanyon last night that I have been to Colorado every summer for the last 8 years (usually working for Young Life) and I'm glad I don't have to break that streak this year!

Mom and Dad arrive on Friday night and Kanyon and I will get there Saturday early afternoon. Sunday, Cole is going to take us backpacking for the day and we're going to peak a mountain. I haven't done this in a few years so I'm so excited! I think Kanyon is mostly excited about being somewhere it is not 110 degrees everyday. I can't imagine what it must be like to be outside all day working. I'm seriously in a coat right now because I'm freezing in my office. I feel like a pansy.

Kanyon and my dad are coming back on Monday for work but Mom and I will stay until Wednesday. We may even go back on the mountain after the boys leave. We're trying to soak up as much time with Cole as possible before he leaves on his study abroad in Patagonia.

So I'm just trying to get as much work done as I can before I am gone for a few days. I'll get home on Wednesday night, work Thursday and Friday until noon, and then head to Dallas for the weekend for a family wedding where we'll get to see all of my cousins! I'm so excited! But all this packing that I'm going to have to do is making my head spin. (I hate packing. Hate it.)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment