October 12, 2010

small changes

Well, we've been able to make a few small and big changes here and there around the house lately. The biggest of which (or at least what I think will be the most dramatic) will be the chandelier and that won't be until later this week at least.

But I did make a few changes to our front porch and its coming along quite nicely, if I do say so myself!

I didn't have a huge choice of different sized pumpkins at the stand I went to the other day so mine look like twins but maybe I'll get some contrasting ones later..


I also put up our cute new wreath and replaced the dingy old concrete planters with some cuter ones. Unfortunately because of the lighting, though, you can't even see the one on the right and I was getting attacked by mosquitos so I took the picture and ran inside..



Isn't it cute?! Kanyon wasn't as thrilled as I was, but then again it'd be weird if he was. I like him better that way..

Also, an update on our plants and such.. They are looking way more promising than they were for a while. The bushes in front are so close to covering up that strange orange paint!


And the front path has had some hard times coming along.. As you can see, we had to finally take out one of the green bushes because it was dead as a doornail and we had to finally admit to ourselves that we couldn't bring it back. Another sting is that I have no idea what its called and have looked for it more than once at Lowe's and Home Depot to replace it and can't find it.. So we stuck one of our yard crosses in its place for now. Which you can't see because of the shade that well. 

Also, our purple fountain grass on the left has taken quite a beating because we don't have rain gutters so it is all dumped on the plant. Its looking quite droopy but its still my favorite!

Can't wait to finally rip up that cinder-block porch and build a new one but that won't be for a while! Until then, I like the new additions.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment